A Birthday Well Spent in Tagaytay

2:24:00 AM

Just so you know I just got back from a 4-day vacation (and still on vacation mode). I spent my birthday with my family. It was a simple and quiet celebration. Nothing like a special day spent with your loved ones. :)

On the next day, I woke up early as 4am to prepare and pack my things for staycation in Taal Vista, with my boyfriend, Arvin.

We left Manila at around 7:30AM and reached Tagaytay by 10:30AM. It was weekday so we expected the heavy traffic. Because I was such a lucky birthday girl, it was raining that day (such a hassle). We took a bus from Taft, fare is Php100/person (not sure, sorry!).

We arrived in Taal Vista by 11AM, we checked-in then we were informed that our room will be upgraded. Our room was upgraded to a better, larger and nicer room. My stay in Taal Vista was excellent. Nice interiors, location, service and accommodating staffs. Overall, I recommend this hotel.

So relaxing!
LCD TV
Clean restroom

Toiletries

Breakfast Buffet
Swimming Pool

We rested for a while then did a bit of research on how to reach Sonya's Garden. We asked the receptionist if they know the direction. I was flabbergasted when they informed us they can take us to Sonya's Garden for a rate of Php600 for a one way trip ONLY!!! My God, that's a rip-off. Seriously? NO WAY! (Okay, oo nga pala hotel ito! LOL)

Being a self-confessed kuripot, of course I declined the offer. C'mon! Hehehe

Now here's we found out. You can reach Sonya's Garden from Taal Vista just by taking a jeepney going to Nasugbu. They will drop you off to Buck Estate then from there you will ride a tricycle to Sonya's Garden. 

TIP: You can ask the tricycle driver to fetch you at your most convenient time. It will take you time to wait for a tricycle. If I'm not mistaken they will charge you Php50 to Sonya's Garden. Not bad at all if you compare it to Php600. Hahaha!

Sonya's Garden is one of the popular dining destination in Tagaytay. If you wanna eat something healthy, I suggest you visit this place.




Alright, I'm not a fan of fresh salad or vegetable either. I hate fresh salad because I hate salad dressings. Arvin has been talking about how the salad and pasta in Sonya's Garden tastes so good. I trust him when it comes to foods so I was so excited to try their fresh salad and of course their pasta. By the way, the buffet costs Php650++ (Again, not sure with the exact amount) Hahaha!


Tastes soo gooooood!!!
If not with Sonya's Super Secret Salad Dressing their fresh salad is a so-so for me. Aaah, the dressing really tastes so good!! Not the kind of dressing I hate. Thumbs up for this. :)

Next dish served was this Freshly Baked Whole Wheat Sesame Bread served with homemade toppings. The bread is too soft and smells really good. My own favorite is the anchovies. In fact, while blogging this I'm CRAVING for Sonya's Garden salad and bread with anchovies. Huhu

Freshly Baked Whole Wheat Sesame Bread
Some of their dips and toppings
Finally, pasta was served. Wooh! This is what I actually waited for. It was served with two kinds of sauce. Chicken Cream and Sun dried Tomato. I love the Chicken cream most. It's too creamy which what I really love.
Some of the toppings. Shitake Mushroom, Black Olives, Ratatouille, Parmesan Cheese and Salmon Belly

Lastly, not impressed at all with the dessert. Nothing special about the cake, turon, sweet potato and Tarragon tea. The tea was nothing compared to their Dalandan Juice. Very refreshing!! 

Cake and Tarragon tea
Sweet Potato
Dalandan Juice
Me & Arvin. ♥




If you visit Tagaytay don't ever miss this haven. You'll miss a lot! Superb dining experience. Gotta be back soon! ♥

Check their website for more details: 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe