MEMORIES OF SIARGAO

10:03:00 PM

Siargao is the best place for a beach bum like me. You don't need to be a surfer to enjoy this place. I've been to different beaches in Philippines, but I don't know why I am so drawn to this island. There's something about Siargao that makes me want to move here. Iba talaga sya guys. Nakaka-addict.


I was lucky enough to score a seat sale from Manila-Cebu-Siargao. The moment I learned about the sale, I knew I had to book it. Can you guess how much I got the fare? I got ours for Php7,800 for 2 pax. Yes!!! I KNOW RIGHT?  We all know that flights to Siargao are quite expensive so this one's definitely a steal.

DISCLAIMER: This is a DIY trip... meaning we didn't book any travel packages. Also, after reading this guide next thing you know you find yourself booking a trip to the "Surfing capital of the Philippines". Feelers! Kala mo naman may nagbabasa ng blog ko charot

WHERE TO STAY IN SIARGAO

There are several options of hostels, lodges, luxury hotels and inns you can choose from depending on your budget.

We stayed in Wayfarers - Cloud 9 Residences booked through Airbnb. It is just a walking distance to Cloud 9.

UPDATE: As I am writing this blog, the owner of Wayfarers replied on my review in Airbnb. It was a rude and sarcastic response. So alam nyo na, I don't recommend this place. Stay somewhere else.

BEST TIME TO VISIT

According to the locals, Siargao is generally sunny and dry all year-round. For surfers, best time to visit is from September to November as the waves are nice during these months. For non-surfers, summer season will be fine.


GETTING AROUND SIARGAO

From Sayak Airport, you can take a van to General Luna which costs Php300 each. You can also hire a habal-habal for Php200 each. It takes less than an hour to General Luna. 

If you want to explore the island, you can rent a motorcycle for Php350/day. There are also habal-habal everywhere for Php20 per way.

WHAT TO DO IN SIARGAO

Go Island Hopping.

Island hopping includes the three beautiful island Naked, Daku and Guyam Island. We rented a boat for Php1,200. Most hotels here offer day tours to these three islands.

Naked Island
Daku Island
 
Guyam Island

FYI: Some tours doesn't include a meal yet. It's best to buy fresh sea foods in the market and you can have it cooked at Daku Island.

Paluto fee is Php130.

Go surfing.


On our first day, we decided to try surfing for only Php500/hour including instructor. I was terrified at first because this is my first time to surf but wow I never thought that surfing would be so fun.

So I just wanna share my near death experience while surfing in Siargao. Ang lakas ng loob ko mag surf pero di ako marunong lumangoy.

Guys, muntik na ko mamatay dahil naputol yung leash ng surf board. Wag na wag nyo gagawin yung ginawa ko! Hahahaha though andyan naman yung instructor to watch over you pero what if matulad kayo sakin na may dumating na mataas and malakas na alon tapos di ka marunong lumangoy? HUHUHUHUHUH good thing Arvin's instructor saved my life!!!!!!

Catch the sunrise at Cloud 9.



We woke up 5AM to catch the beautiful sunrise. NEVER miss this when in Siargao.

Stargazing.

It's true when they say Siargao is one of the best place for stargazing. True indeed. This is one of the things I miss most in Siargao. Every night we stay at the tower, setup my camera and just watch the bright stars above. Another off to my bucket list.

Anyhoo, I'm not quite satisfied with my milky way shots due to my camera's limitation. I was using Fujifilm X-30 ISO100; 1/30 secs.
Hirap mag explain basta limited lang kaya ni Fujifilm X30 but not bad for a first timer in milky way photography. :)



Swim at the Magpupungko Pool.

I have never seen a natural swimming pool like Magpupungko before. SOBRANG GANDA, AGAIN UULITIN KO SOBRANG GANDA NYA!!! It was beyond amazing. That bluish-green crystal clear water is incredible.

It's best to visit during low tide at least before 1PM because swimming is strictly prohibited during high tide. You should never miss this when in Siargao. It's one of my favorites.

You can take a habal-habal to Magpupungko. It will take about 45mins from General Luna.




Paddle away at Sugba Lagoon
 I can't recall exactly how much we spent on this tour but I will try my best to remember the expenses. I didn't really bothered myself tracking the expenses kasi gusto ko i-feel yung moment hehehe

We didn't a book a tour package for this one Initially, we were about to go to Kermit the night before to book a tour to Sugba Lagoon. Fortunately, the habal-habal driver who's supposed to take us to Kermit offered to take us to Del Carmen for Php1,000 RT. Of course we said yes because it's cheaper than booking it with Kermit (guys tight budget talaga hehe) 

From Del Carmen, you will have to rent a pump boat that will take you to the lagoon. The pump boat costs around Php1,600 (not sure of the exact amount) that will fit up to 8 people. A couple was supposed to share the pump boat with us but they were only staying in the lagoon for an hour (WHAT SRSLY?!) so we had no choice but to rent our own boat. 

Baka nga yung isang oras na yun nagpapaddle pa lang ako hahaha so NO I wanna enjoy the place.
 


We didn't bring food with us so we had to buy it from there. No regrets though because they sell fresh seafoods like Lapu-Lapu, crabs and lobsters.

GRABE ANG SARAP BIHIRA LANG KAMI MAKAKAIN NG GANITO SA MANILA
Lunch at Sugba Lagoon
The Lapu-Lapu only costs Php90. I can't remember how much yung crabs pero mura lang siya promise!!!! 

You can rent a SUP for Php200/hour. There's also an entrance fee to the lagoon for Php100/pax and table for Php100.

What I love about Sugba Lagoon aside that it is a paradise -- there aren't many tourists here yet so you will really enjoy the place. We even had this place on our own for few hours.  
  
Beach bumming.



This is my most favorite part during beach trips. After a very tiring day, nothing beats taking a nap by the beach, get high on the view and syempre medyo may konting singit na pag-eemote hahaha

Siargao has a very special place in my heart. I fell in love with this island, can't describe how beautiful this place is. Basta ang alam ko lang the moment I stepped my feet into this island I knew I wanted to live here. I love Siargao!!!!! There's something about this place that you never want to leave. I guess it's the people, the laid-back island life, and the friendly locals. Aah, I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK SOON!!!! Love you, Siargao <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe