Passport Application at DFA, SM Megamall

9:20:00 PM

When I first heard that DFA will be opening their new office in Megamall and Robinson's Galleria I was quite ecstatic. It only means I don't have to go that far in their office in Manila just to apply for a Philippine passport.

I applied for a passport in Megamall which is located at 7th floor, Building C.

First thing to do is to set an appointment here. Check all the requirements needed especially the acceptable valid IDs. What I have are the ff: Birth Cert from NSO, Company ID (make sure it's digitized otherwise they won't accept it or they will ask you to present 2 more supporting IDs), Postal ID, TIN ID, High School ID, NBI Clearance, Form 137, Cedula or Community Tax Certificate.

Make sure you have all your IDs and requirements photocopied along with the printed application form with you otherwise they won't let you in. My appointment was around 11:30AM but I got there around 10:30AM so it's fine to be there earlier than your appointment. By the way, weekend appointments are considered as rush. So expect to pay Php 1,200 for the processing fee. :)

So I was finally called to present all my documents. They asked me to present my ID so I showed my Company ID along with my birth cert and the xerox copies. I was surprised they never even asked for other IDs which is absolutely great. Hahaha! Ang dami ko pa naman dinala na IDs even my HS IDs I have it with me.

After presenting all documents next is to go to payment section.

For First time passport applicants: Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00
Express Processing (7 working days): 1,200.00

For Renewal of passport applicants:
Express Processing (7 working days): P1,200.00
Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00


I waited my turn for data encoding and photo capturing and I only waited for like less than an hour. Yes, you read it right! It only took me like 2 hours for getting a passport.


After a week I went back to SM Megamall to claim my passport. Guess what, it only took me like 10mins to get it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe