TAIPEI: DAY 1

12:33:00 AM


Around some time last year, I was thinking of a place where to spend our 5th year anniversary. I wanted a place not too overrated. After doing some research about Taipei, I found myself booking a trip to Taiwan. 
 

I started looking for cheap accommodations and plotting our itinerary. For me this is the best thing about traveling, hunting for cheap accommodations, activities, where to eat and shop. It's so exciting!

We arrived in Taoyuan International Airport at around 1am. As the exit door opened, the cool weather welcomed us. We took a bus going to Taipei Main Station. Travel time took 2 hours and by the time we reached Taipei it was almost 3am. I was tired, hungry and sleepy but I don't care. I was excited!


We rode a cab to our hostel which I booked in Airbnb. We were on a tight budget so we opted to try something different yet affordable. Airbnb offeres a unique and affordable rental space. We got a room rental located in Zhonghe District which only cost Php1,500/night. I was impressed how clean and spacious the room was considering the price. 


Tip if you will be traveling to Taipei. Internet is very important. We had a hard time getting around in Taipei because of the language barrier. Only few people speak English. Good thing I had our hostel address written in Mandarin so the driver was able to help us get there. You can actually rent a pocket wifi in the airport.

The cab driver dropped us off in a street near the apartment. He gave the signal to walk straight the narrow street. The street was dark. We were so scared and clueless. We walked straight until we reached the end of the street. Finally, we found it. Our host instructed us to look for the keys inside the mailbox.

Finding the mailbox was easy peasy. The keys were inside a brown envelope. I was seriously freaking out because we have to access the apartment all by ourselves. I was worried of someone accuse us of robbing someone's house. God no!!! 

It was a funny experience though. It was my first time to experience it and we were so nervous. After we get in, there were two rooms inside the apartment. We had no clue which was ours so we made a guess. As expected, we opened the wrong door. Someone was sleeping inside. Hahaha! The host was out of the country on our entire stay so no one actually welcomed us. I was blown how these Taiwanese people trust their home to strangers like us. No wonder Taiwan is one of the safest country in Asia. WOW I AM SO IMPRESSED.

 

 I immediately dived into the bed and wow the comforters were exceptionally comfortable. The room was cozy and clean. I'm really glad that we made a good choice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe