Weekend at Masasa Beach

1:34:00 AM


It's been more than a year since I last updated this blog. I have nothing to share here aside from my travels because my life is pretty much boring. My 2017 was nothing but uncertainty, maybe because I literally had no plans for myself, for my career and for my future. So many things have happened since the year started. And just recently, I was depressed with so many things in my life but I can finally say I'm getting back on track. So here I am typing away sharing you my recent travels.

I just got back from an epic beach trip with friends at Masasa, Batangas. I was initially planning not to go, I hate social interaction these days. You know that feeling when you just want to isolate yourself from everyone? That's exactly I was feeling back then. But I thought I needed this, so I did a little research of the island, it was beautiful. I was sold. Good thing I decided to come with them, this trip made me feel much better. 

Saturday, 4AM call time. We took a bus at Jam Liner in Pasay then got off at Grand Terminal in Batangas. It was a 3 hour long bus ride.I was just sleeping on the entire trip, I had no sleep because,  yes, I watched Britney Spears' concert. WOOOOH! (That was the best concert I've been to! I will try my best to blog about the concert)

 Another 40mins travel time to Anilao, Batangas via jeepney. As soon as we reached Anilao Port, we took a ferry ride to Tingloy, Batangas. That's another 45mins to an hour travel.


We stayed at Ate Elvie's homestay. We rented two rooms for 8 people. It includes unlimited use of her kitchen utilities, ihawan, etc. Ate Elvie is very hospitable. So guys, if you're planning a trip to Masasa Beach, I highly recommend her homestay. Her place is just 5-10min walk to the beach. 

We initially planned the island hopping the following day however the weather was nice so we decided to do it on our first day. The island hopping costs us Php300/pax inclusive of snorkeling gears, and bangka. Manong bangkero will take you to two islands, Sombrero and Sepoc Island. 


Sombrero Island

We were lucky that day because the water was so calm. Look at how clear the water is. So beautiful. It was so clear that you can see the fish swimming underwater.






There are no establishments on this island. No bars and fancy restaurants. The place is quiet and relaxing. No loud music. And yes, the island has no signal and Wi-Fi connection. It is definitely my ideal beach trip, nothing but pure fun, booze and laughter with friends. 


Lagoon
One of the most unforgettable moment was when we saw sea turtles while snorkeling. They were so huge and beautiful. Though this is not the first time I've seen one, they still never fail to amaze me. As what my friends said (after seeing a sea turtle), it was really life changing moment. LOL!




It was a beautiful island, but I'm not gonna lie. No matter how much you try to preserve the beauty of the island, there are still some irresponsible tourists and travelers. We have seen a lot of trash and garbage along the shore line. Nakakalungkot!!!! I just hope we all become responsible travelers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe