LAST DAY IN TAIPEI.

12:01:00 PM

I can't believe it's the last leg of our trip. I got emotional knowing I'll be leaving the country I fell in love with. Taiwan is underrated to me. It doesn't have to flaunt itself to get noticed. It's a country rich in culture and holds too much character. I love everything about Taipei. 

First thing we did on our last day was to hear a Sunday mass. We got lost on our way to the church. I remember asking a stranger for the directions.

"Hi, do you know where's the nearest church?"

"No English" *sabay alis si kuya*

This has always been the answer we get everytime we ask a stranger for directions. But there are some locals who were very nice to help us. Taipei is not yet ready for tourists obviously. I had another random conversation with an old guy on a train on our way to the church.

An old man started a conversation in Mandarin (not quite sure if it was really in Mandarin).
"Sorry, English only!" I replied.

Marunong pala mag English si Lolo

"Sorry! I thought you are a Taiwanese. Where are you from?"

"I'm from Philippines. Where are you heading to?"

"I'm off to work. I'm teaching English"... "I hope Taiwan will include English as a subject in school because only few people here knows how to speak English"
 
Agree ako diyan lolo!
 
Finally, someone (who happens to be a pastor) knows where the church is and headed us towards the right direction. Taiwanese called it "The Filipino church". Obviously because most of the people hearing mass here are Filipinos, particularly OFWs. 

 After the Sunday mass we decided to have our lunch in Din Tai Fung, awarded as Michelin  starred restaurant. It was originated in Taiwan. We had to wait in line for an hour.  But, the 1-hour wait was all worth it.




No Taipei trip is complete without trying their Xiao Long Bao!!!!

Din Tai Fung

We headed to The Creative Park after. It looks like a hipster place to me. There were some free exhibits the time we visit and some booths from local artists who sells their handcraft items.




AWWW! I LIKE YOU!! I WANNA TAKE YOU HOME <3




#OOTD

On our way home, we passed by at a stall selling stinky tofu. It smells like rotten something. But, I totally loved it!

THE STINKIER THE BETTER

Taipei is also known for unique cafes and coffee shops. They are literally everywhere. Before going back to the apartment to fix our stuff, we decided to chill and relax in this cute cafe near our apartment. Most of the people in this cafe were oldies. But who cares? I love their caramel macchiato.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe